In this episode, Brian Hession, VP of Data Quality and Innovation at TechTarget discusses key Demand Gen and Data Quality trends that will disrupt the B2B Marketplace.
About Brian and TechTarget:
Brian was the President & Founder of Oceanos (acquired by TTGT.)
Brian is a thought-leader and known to be an innovator who helps companies improve their demand generation initiatives with the aim of driving maximum revenue from it. He advises teams to ensure an optimal application of data and technology to produce better results. Under his leadership, Oceanos held a market leader position for a decade.
Top ten takeaways from the episode:
- “I spend a lot of time collaborating with multiple teams to ensure everything is optimized.”
- “The trend today is connecting first-party data to third-party sources to gain a richer view of the customer and the marketplace.”
- “Sales and Marketing are now better equipped to create robust profiles of their target customer.”
- “It is always crucial to keep your contact data in good shape.”
- “Third-party behavioral data can help create maximum value by creating more aggressive messaging.”
- “More and more Teams should ensure they are helping contributing to Sales productivity.”
- “In today’s environment it is important to use multiple sources of data to improve decision-making. The breakthrough we are seeing is based on what insights a particular team really needs, they then work backwards to ensure they get those insights from the right data set.”
- “Connecting better data input to AI-powered messaging helps marketing teams to be more timely and relevant in their messaging.”
- “Poor contact data will sabotage anyone’s ABM process.”
- “Teams are moving from a more modelled persona to more relevancy in messaging and campaigns.”
About the podcast
Sunny Side Up is a series of 15-minute podcasts. Leaders and innovators share what they’ve learned in the B2B tech sector on topics related to marketing, product management, sales, and leadership.